Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Job and Red Raider Time (Eek!)

Isaiah and I had a fun weekend, as our friend and Tech alumnus Brent came to town for the football game. He stayed with us and we enjoyed getting to see him and his sweet doggy, Sidney. Sid could be Tuggy's older sister -- she is six and he is two, he is taller and she is longer, but we all still have a hard time telling them apart from time to time. It doesn't help that they both have red collars right now either. And Tuggy? Well let's just say he is smitten...he kept trying to play and snuggle with her the whole weekend. See?


Can you tell who is who? That's Tuggy on the left and Sid on the right. They were curled up just so cute together in the yard.

Brent and I stayed up waaaaay too late out by the chiminea, but Isaiah cooked us breckie the next morning to get us going. Brent's friends Clinton and Sarah came over and we decided to leave all the dogs at our house for the day (eek!). Needless to say, it was a full house with Tuggy and Sidney (two 100-lb. yellow labs), Murphy (our Maltese), and George and Tessa (C&S's Malti/Shi-tzu mix and Maltese). I'm proud to say the house and the dogs escaped the experience completely unharmed!

Anyway, we tailgated on the west side of the stadium in the afternoon with several of Brent and C&S's friends, who were all really nice and fun, and then went to the game that evening. I have to admit....it was tough being an Aggie in the Tech alumni section, even though they weren't playing my team. It's just conditioning, you know? However, I am a lover of college football, so it wasn't all bad and we were happy to see our friends' team win. That night several of the guys from the tailgate/game came over to the house to hang out in the backyard by the fire. I went to bed early (if you can call 1 a.m. early) and the boys stayed up late again.

I was a good girl and went to church the next morning to sing with the choir. My cousin Erin, who also happens to be the choir director, bugged me all summer to join and I finally did, so I figured I'd better be there for my big debut! ;) It went well and then Isaiah and I met Brent, Clint & Sarah for lunch before they headed out of town. Tuggy is still depressed I think, missing his Sidney-girl. Isaiah and I even talked about how happy he would be if we got a female lab to be his friend, but it was just a split second before we came to our senses. Two 100+ pound dogs and all their shedding in the house? I think not!

In other news, I started my new job today as a reporter for Lubbock Magazine. My four-hour workday included chatting with the boss, filling out a mountain of paperwork, attending the story planning meeting with the editors (don't think I'm important enough to do that every week though) and coming up with ideas for some stories. No computer access yet since my paperwork has to be processed. I know this will sound so Gen-X, but how the heck did anybody get a stitch of work done before computers came along!?!? Seriously.... Anyway, I'll be working from 1-5 most days unless something comes up, and I think I just might come to like it. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. hey! Just because you have a new job doesn't mean you get to stop blogging. :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete