So I realized I haven’t blogged in about a month, which might have something to do with the fact that I’ve been working about that long at Plainview FBC Mother’s Day Out twice a week. You’d think only working on Tuesdays and Thursdays wouldn’t bog me down, but it does somehow! I don’t know how my full-time mommy friends do it!
Speaking of MDO, the first day I thought I was going to have a stroke. I was running around like crazy and had a hard time getting the kids to eat, sleep, pay attention, etc. Granted, there are six of them and they are all between 13 and 21 months old, but I just knew I’d gotten in over my head! Since then, I’ve figured out a routine and gotten to know the kids and their quirks, and life has been much easier.
Kendall was in the under-one class b/c there wasn’t room for her in my class, but she was just miserable in there and cried on and off all day long. Thankfully, one of the other teacher/moms agreed to move her daughter down since she’s younger than Kendall, meaning Kendall is now in my class! She does fine with it and isn’t clingy or anything, but I do have to hide my rocking chair behind a post when it’s nap time or she will not go to sleep. See, I’m figuring this out!
Anyway, we’ve had a good September and October so far. Here’s a little of what we’ve been up to…
Kendall and Daddy watch one episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (and usually not even the whole thing b/c her attention span is not that long!) on Saturday mornings…
Kendall hasn’t sat in her swing in forever, but the other day, she crawled over to it and acted interested, so we put her in it for a bit. She’s a bit big for it, but she enjoyed her little ride!
I bought a few new buckets for K’s books and toys at Wal-Mart and she had fun riding around in it as I pulled her along the carpet. (Sometimes I run out of ideas of things to do, okay?!?! :)
Finishing up breakfast at home before we left for our first day of Mother’s Day Out! (Gotta take a pic of your baby’s first day of “school,” right?!?!)
So I know this pic is random, but this was the day K turned 15 months. I can’t remember why she was shirtless, but one of her favorite things is to crawl into our mudroom off the back of the house and look out into the backyard.
My folks came to visit during the first week of October in advance of cousin Andi’s wedding (which was beautiful and perfect, BTW). Here’s our girl cheesing it up in the guest room with Nana…
Kendall’s Grampy knows what she likes and since he’s usually the most awake at breakfast, he was a great help! One day he made her her first pancakes (which she LOVED) and this day, he brought her her first Spudnuts doughnuts and strawberries. Mmmmm!
Yep, pretty sure she likes the doughnuts… (I had to finally hide the doughnut box b/c she kept pointing to it at mealtimes!)
Getting lovin’ from Grampy…
I have to mention that Kendall has been sick three times (tonsillitis, sinus infection and an ear infection) in the past six weeks or so…..germs from MDO, anyone!?!? Anyway, she was feeling very crummy for most of Mom and Dad’s visit and Mom was so good and patient (and way more indulgent than me!) with her. One of their fave things to do was to go outside and smack the windchimes around. Here they are on Mom & Dad’s last morning here…
The little toot with Nana and Grampy…
And finally, I had to include these b/c Kendall’s hair is finally almost long enough to put in pigtails. Almost meaning that it stays in the rubber bands when it’s wet, but starts to work itself out as it dries, and of course is trashed after naptime. Oh well, it was WAY too cute not to take a few pics of our little piggytailed gal!
What you have to look forward to (but don’t lose any sleep over it or anything!)…pics from our second annual trip to the pumpkin farm in Floydada!
I LOVE her pigtails!!! She's getting so big! Glad things are working out better at MDO now.
ReplyDeletePLEEEEEZ keep blogging! LOVE the pictures of your sweetie. She's so cute and I still can't believe how fast she's growing. Her pigtails are precious...and as always, it makes me cry when I see her in E's old clothes! more more more!! :)
ReplyDelete