Here they are meeting -- Allison was supervising because she was afraid Owen would squash Kendall! :)
Owen can make the best faces! This was while we were trying to keep him from playing in the dogs' food and water bowls. I know we'll have to deal with this issue someday when Kendall crawls, but thankfully, she stays put for now.
On Saturday, Isaiah was sweet enough to watch both kiddos so Allison and I could go have lunch. He said it went really well until the last 10 minutes when both kids were wanting his attention and getting jealous of each other. He said, "I'd put one down and pick the other one up and the first one would start to cry. So then I'd switch and the other one would cry!" And THAT is why God didn't give us twins! ;)
We realized we hadn't taken a picture of us and the kiddos until they were about to leave and Owen was already strapped in his carseat. So yeah, this is as good as it gets:
On the 19th, Kendall turned 7 months old! She was more interested in watching the dogs than smiling for the camera for this little session, but I did manage to snap this smile:
Here's our little gal in her strawberry outfit, being very stonefaced. She can be so serious, even when we're acting like fools, waving our arms, making silly faces and showing her toys. She's probably thinking here, "Mom, I am NOT going to smile just because you are doing dumb stuff again!"
Speaking of, we had our photoshoot with Brittany in Lubbock last week and it went pretty well. Kendall was so engrossed in staring at this strange girl she'd never met and her big ole' camera that we had a really hard time getting her to smile. But Brittany did send us a link to look at the proofs online and there are a lot of cute ones. Just wish Kendall would have smiled more, but hey, like Brittany said, she could have been screaming through the whole thing like some kids do!
Other than that, Isaiah is transitioning into his new job in the environmental safety department this week, working from 12-8 pm, so he's on part of both shifts. He's been learning the ropes in the new area in the afternoon and helping his replacement in the evenings. I know he'll miss his Rumba ladies, but he says he can drop in and visit them before he comes home sometimes. Next week he'll be working 8 am to 5 pm (or later) for the first time in 15 months. Wheeee!
Still no snow for us this year and it's dry as a bone here...and 70 degrees today! My skin is like old shoe leather! The forecast calls for some snow showers next Tuesday though, so we'll see. When I lived in Colorado I always dreaded waking up to snowy and icy streets because I knew it was going to take me forever to get to work. When I lived in Lubbock and worked at the A-J, I couldn't deal with all the idiot Texan drivers, so I'd just work from home when the streets were bad. Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom, I say....bring on the snow! I can't go anywhere anyway! :)
Miss you!!!!
ReplyDelete