Last Saturday our girl turned 8 months old. I had a hard time getting her to sit still and not pull on her feet, but I had her Daddy and Nana helping me keep her attention.
She's growing out of her 0-3 month clothes finally and as I have been dressing her last and this week, I keep thinking, "This will be the last time she wears this outfit!" She also has only been in size 2 diapers for about 3-4 weeks, but seems to almost be ready to move on to size 3s already! They seemed so big when I put her in them last month, but I already feel like it's almost time to move up a size.
Brenda, one of my best friend's (Brooke) moms, sent Kendall this fabuloso activity center when she was born, and we've finally felt like she was ready for it. Isaiah and a friend put it all together a few weeks ago and Kendall spends time in it pretty much every day. She's still a shorty-McWhorty and her toes barely touch the bottom, but she enjoys playing with all the fun things and sitting independently.
As you can see, she was having fun this particular day!
Kendall enjoys having her Daddy home in the early evening so they can spend some time together before she goes to bed. We love sitting out on our patio and can't wait for it to get warm again. This day ended up being a bit chilly, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity to sit out there for a few mintues, so Kendall got all bundled up in her hoodie and fuzzy blankie to sit with Daddy.
While my Mom is visiting we wanted her to be able to see her siblings, so we were able to put together a quick trip up to Canyon in the middle of the week to visit her sisters Kathie and Terri and parts of their families. My cousin April has a daughter Eden who is such a hilarious, active kiddo. She loved holding and playing with Kendall, and Kendall loved to watch all the funny faces she'd make.
Here are the girls with my Aunt Kathie:
April's son, Salem, is such a cutie patootie also and was needing some Mommy time right after his nap. Here he is, loving on his Mommy and giving a sweet, sleepy smile:
It didn't take him long, however, to decide he wasn't letting his Grandma get taken over by another kid, so all three piled into Kathie's lap for story time! They heard Kendall loves books with flaps, so they were very helpful to show her the animals and all the flaps in the book.
Mom also got to see her brother Eddie this week, and we're going to Lubbock tonight to hang out with his wife Susie and daughters Erin and Andi. Isaiah is staying home with Kendall so Mom and I can do a girls night with the Turner gals. Yay!
Mom is going home early next week, so we'll be on our own again. It's been nice to have somebody here to help with Kendall and let us get out and do grown-up things! We were even able to sneak away for a nice dinner out and bowling in Lubbock last Sunday night. I don't like to brag or anything....but I beat Isaiah two games to one! Yay me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment