Friday, May 22, 2009

Alarm Clock, Move Pics & Memorial Day PSA

So some of you may have been worried that while I was staying home for a while I'd start sleeping until 8, then 9, then 10, then 11....and before long, I'd be sleeping in every day until 2 in the afternoon like I could do in high school. I actually worried I'd sleep the day away myself. But never fear, my friends. I have an alarm clock that never has to be reset with the time change and never malfunctions when the power goes out. I have....Tuggy. He's sure to wake me up sometime between 7:15 and 7:45 every morning. And even if I can put him off for a little while by telling him to go lay back down on his bed, the latest we've ever made it is 8:30 without him becoming more insistent that it really is time to get up and go outside. So here I am...7:45 in the A.M., sitting in the backyard in my pajamas while the boys sniff every square inch of the place...again.

Some of you have asked to see some pictures of the move and our rent house, so I thought I'd oblige...


Adios, 17321 Cedar Rock Court in College Station!

Here's Isaiah just starting to fill up the 26-foot moving truck.

Hello, Lubbock and our new house (well, for a year, at least)!

The living room...

The kitchen (with my new Kenmore fridge)! I mean really...who ever heard of a rental property that didn't come with a refrigerator?!?

Our bedroom, complete with snazzy built-in corner TV stand. I'd love to tear that monstrosity off the wall, but haven't for fear the paint behind it will be circa-1978 avocado green...

Our new gorgeous daybed with trundle in the 3rd bedroom. (Thanks for finding it for me, Maryann!)

The 2nd bedroom...and the place I'm likely to track down Tug when he goes MIA. There's just something he likes about this room. Maybe the window to the front yard?

The backyard looking out to the left from the sliding glass door.

The backyard looking out to the right. See Clay...trees! :)

Our friend Rachel arrived safely on Wednesday and we've just been hanging out. I took her to "Buns Over Texas" for lunch on Wed., which is a deliciously sinful burger joint introduced to us by Erin's husband, Damon. We also took the dogs to the park yesterday and let Tug chase the ducks for a good 45 minutes before dragging him unwillingly home. Today our big plans are to go to the grocery store to get the fixins for dinner -- we're grilling at our house for Erin's family and then meeting up with Andi too to go to the drive-in to see Night at the Museum 2. Yay!

Also, we decided since we live so close now to the mountains (relatively speaking), we'd take the opportunity to spend the long weekend in Santa Fe. I found what looks like a fun place for Isaiah, Rachel, Tug, Murphy and I to spend two nights for a great price, so we're headed that way tomorrow morning until Monday. Santa Fe is one of Isaiah's and my favorite places, and Rachel has never been, so we're really looking forward to it. Oh yes, my friends, you're in for some great pictures and tales of some great New Mexican food!

And finally, just my own little public service announcement. Please don't forget that Memorial Day is a day of remembrance to the men and women who have died in service to our nation. I would like to personally honor the memories of our friends/family who have died: Jason Obert, John Linde, Jim Craig and Zac Cook. Rest in peace, guys.

2 comments:

  1. Sante Fe?!??!!?! REALLY?! yeck! you couldn't bribe me with a thousand "Buns over Texas" burgers to vacation there! :)
    love the new blog! and love keeping up with you two better! yippee!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just wanted to let you know that my word verification for the above post was "excaker"
    hehe :)

    ReplyDelete