Saturday, July 11, 2009

Happy 31st Birthday Isaiah!

Today is Isaiah's 31st birthday! Yay! :) Poor guy has been at a Cargill softball tournament since 9 a.m. this morning and it's 3 p.m. and he's still not home. When I talked to him earlier he was grilling burgers....500 of them. Eeek! Such is the life of a newbie at a job.

We don't have any big plans, but we're grilling steaks tonight and then we're planning to play hooky from church tomorrow and go spend the day with the dogs hiking around Palo Duro Canyon. He hasn't been there yet and I haven't been since I was a little squirt when the whole Turner clan went to see "Texas" back years and years ago. I'd like to go early so we can hike around before it gets unbearably hot, but we'll see...

As for presents, anybody who knows Isaiah knows that he's big on presents, just like a little kid. So I got him a few new shirts (at his request) and his big gift was a painting of Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak that I'm having framed. We met in Colorado Springs and got engaged on the top of Pikes Peak, so I thought this would be something neat. Isn't it beeeeyooteeful?It won't be ready until next week and he already got his shirts, so I had to come up with something little for when he got home today. The kid loves jerky and junk food, so I thought this would be appropriate:


For your viewing pleasure, here's a pictorial of lil' Isaiah through the years:

From left to right: Isaiah (2), Amber (4) and John (3):



Isaiah rockin' early 80s style at four years old:


Little League at age nine:

Trying to rock the cowboy style at 13:

Joining the Army at 18:


Anyway, it's hard to believe we met more than seven years ago when he was just 23...still a baby! Happy Birthday, Isaiah Ezekiel! :)

2 comments:

  1. WE LOVE YOU ISAIAH!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... love the painting. that place is sooo beautiful!! And I especially love the pictoral.. :) how fun! Love you guys and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete