Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't usually post recipes, but this is one I came across a few years ago and I love it this time of year! The cookies are soft and cake-like and sooo good. I especially love them warm right out of the oven or cold from the fridge.

I baked up a double batch for us this evening and they are very yummy. Isaiah kept saying it was mean to not let Kendall have any so he was trying to feed her one...as if a four-month old eats cookies! He just put it up to her lips and she looked at him like she had no idea what he was doing!

Enjoy!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

• 1 cup canned pumpkin
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1 egg
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon milk
• 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
• 1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (The original recipe calls for 2 cups of choc chips, but it's a LOT, so do 1 or 2 cups depending on how chocolately you want these.)

Directions:

• Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
• In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
• Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
• Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add vanilla and chocolate chips.
• Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

Oh yeah, and try not to eat 10 of them before you put them away for the evening. :)

3 comments:

  1. Those sound really yummy! I think I will make them next week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made them last night and I like but they aren't very sweet. Did I do something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke....hmmmm....I'm not sure. They aren't overly sweet, but if you want them sweeter, just add a bit more sugar, I guess. We just finished off the last of those I made last night. I'm thinking I need to make some more! :)

    ReplyDelete