Work went better this week. I didn't even screw anything up! Well, to my knowledge at least. I had two other articles published this week -- one was significantly cut because of space issues (big bummer) and the other one was all about the Tech Homecoming festivities this weekend. The hilarious part was that I went up to campus to interview several students on the Homecoming Committee...right in the middle of the interview, I started getting paranoid about wearing my Aggie ring. I kept hoping they wouldn't notice it and use Jedi mind tricks to tell each other to give me all sorts of wrong information for my story. I totally felt like a sneaky spy or something.
Thursday evening Brooke drove into town and she, Isaiah and I went to dinner at Cafe J, one of her favorite places here in town. The food was very yummy, but it's too 'spensive to go there very often. It was delicious though and I'm glad to know where it is! Brooke and I stayed up late with a fire in the chiminea until the rain forced us indoors. Then Friday Brooke and I had lunch and I went to work in the afternoon. Brooke spent the afternoon with Murphs, Tuggy and Max, her shared Boston Terrier, who also spent the weekend with us. (Max is her brother's dog, but he spends just as much time with Brooke!) Then I cooked dinner that night and we didn't eat until 10 because Brooke's fiance Heath's flight was delayed. Isn't that always the way?!?! We were all beat but we stayed up late again sitting out by the fire. At one point Isaiah even ate a popsicle to wake himself up because the rest of us weren't ready to go to bed yet!
Saturday morning we all slept late and Isaiah got up to cook us all breakfast. Heath went to college at Arkansas (what the heck does "Soooooeeee pig" mean, anyway?!?!) and their game against Auburn started at 11, while the A&M/OSU game started at 11:30. It got too crazy trying to switch back and forth between games on the living room TV, so we split up to watch our respective teams. We'd pop in on each other at commercial breaks to see how everything was going! And of course, the Aggies let us down, while Heath's team put up a good showing. Sigh....
Brooke made us all chili for lunch before we bundled up and headed up to campus for the Tech/KSU game at 6. Oh my goodness was it chilly! And of course in the 2nd quarter or so it started misting like crazy so we were not only cold but damp as well. At halftime we headed over to the alumni center to warm up with a drink and watch the game on the big screen. Once it become apparent the game was going to be a huge blowout, we headed to dinner at Caprock Cafe where we had yummy goodness and watched the rest of the game. (Yes, as you can tell by this post, we ate a LOT this weekend.)
Here's us at the game, before it got ridiculously cold (notice Isaiah flashing a "Gig 'Em" sign to show that Aggie pride):

Isaiah and I said goodbye to Brooke and Heath this morning and headed to church for our "Be the Church" weekend. It's such a great idea -- everybody gets together for a short service and then we all go out and do community service projects to make a direct impact on lives here in Lubbock. Isaiah went with a group to build a fence for an elderly lady at her home and I went to cook and serve lunch at the Salvation Army shelter downtown. We both really enjoyed it and would love to do something similar again. Since I got home earlier I got to watch the crazy Dallas/K.C. game before dozing off for a nap. I never watch pro football, but I was glad to catch the tail end of that one. I do like me a nailbiter!
Isaiah and I spent the evening curled up on a blankie in front of the fireplace...so nice! He watched Lost on the laptop (he's never watched it and is starting with Season 1) and I read a book. He's now snoring away while I type, surrounded by our pups, and the fire's getting low. Better rouse everybody and get to bed... Here's to a great week!
You wear that Aggie ring with pride! Even in the middle of Raider-land. :)
ReplyDelete