Friday, June 19, 2009

Welcome, Baby Addie!

YAY! My friend Megan finally had her baby late last night! Poor thing was in labor for forever and they ended up doing a C-section around 10 p.m., so Addisen Grace made her debut a full week after her mommy's due date. She was 8 lbs., 7 oz. which is a BIG baby if you know how petite Megan is. I can't wait to squeeze her chubby little cheeks! Addie's, that is, not Megan's.... Welcome to the world, Miss Addie!

Isn't she the cutest thing you ever saw!?!?

I must admit...after my whirlwind trip, this week has been kind of a letdown. Of course I love being home with Isaiah and my boys, but being at home by myself during the day is just not quite as fun as sight-seeing in Boston or playing with my nieces. Oh well....

I did hang out with Erin and her family this week, which is always fun. We had lunch at Calvary on Wednesday because Damon was teaching the mid-week noon Bible study (is it wrong of me to pull my "I'm related to the staff" card?). ;) Yay for church potlucks! I think they must make Baptists pass a test called "Can You Cook Potluck Food?" before joining. We also went over to swim that evening at the house of a couple from the church, Jim and Joy. They were sweet enough to have several of us over...it was quite a scene with eight adults and five kids in the pool. Eeek! We were the only ones without kids, but hey, I have Isaiah so that counts, right?

And finally, our friends from College Station, Allison and Eric, are spending a long weekend for Father's Day in Abilene with Allison's family. They have invited us to come visit on Saturday and hang out at their house on the lake, which we are looking forward to! There's a smidge chance for rain tomorrow, but I'm hoping the weather holds. Either way, we're looking forward to spending time with our friends!

Now I've just got to buckle down and start going through our stuff for the garage sale we're going in on with Erin & Co. next weekend. I'm hoping we can get rid of a bunch of stuff so we don't have to move it next year when our lease here is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment