Thursday, August 27, 2009

Six hours on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight

Sorry about all the song titles. I'm all sing-y in the head. Gotta love me some classic country!

That song was in my noggin because I just spent the last six hours and 400 miles driving from Lubbock to San Marcos with the dogs. They are troopers...we didn't even make a pit-stop! I know, I know. I just am always in such a hurry to get where I'm going. Of course Tuggy relieved himself all over the yard when we got to Mom & Dad's, but at least he held it!

I'm here to hang out with friends, go to Brooke & Heath's engagement party on Saturday night and make a quick trip over to College Station to see friends next week. It's been literally probably six months since I've been home to San Marcos, so this will be a nice visit. And then Clay, Maryann, the girls and Isaiah will all converge on us next weekend for the Labor Day holiday. I'm looking forward to my week with my folks and friends and then our family get-together next weekend!

I have some great news...I was offered a job yesterday! I'll be working 20 hours a week for Lubbock Magazine, which is published by the local newspaper, the Avalanche-Journal. From what they tell me, most of my time will be spent on the magazine, but I will step in and help with stories for the paper from time to time as well. I think it will be great schedule-wise since Isaiah will probably be starting the second shift (3 pm-midnight) at his job in the next few months. It feels nice to join the employed world again!

No comments:

Post a Comment